Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend Update



On Friday, Adam was excited that he got to take a book and a show and tell toy to school. He took a book about Clifford and 2 helicopters (in case his friends wanted to play with one of them).

Derek's been riding his bike down the street to the bus stop, which means I have to ride it back with Madison in tow. It's somewhat small for me and it feels like I'm one of those circus clowns riding the tiny bikes.

Helen took Derek to scouts and then played outside with the boys. We put the boys to bed and I watched the Norcross boys basketball team win their 2nd consecutive State Championship. Although the game was a nail biter, Helen only watched for a couple of minutes before falling asleep. I had stayed up until 1 am the previous night watching Georgia Tech lose to Wake Forest in double overtime.

On Saturday, Helen had to chaperone her school robotics team. The teacher that normally leads the team lost his wife to cancer a couple months ago, so the rest of the science department is helping out.

I took the boys to their baseball practice. They had a clinic to evaluate the players before choosing teams. I helped out with Adam's clinic some and threw with Derek.

After Adam's clinic we went to Target to get a present for a birthday party that Adam was going to in the afternoon. We grabbed some lunch at ChikfilA before heading back for Derek's baseball clinic. It was all good until Derek spilled his milkshake in the back seat of my car. While Derek was at his clinic I spent an hour cleaning up the milkshake spill. I had to take out the back seat and pull up some of the floor trim. Helen met us and helped me.

We went home and caught our breath for a minute and then I took Adam to the birthday party at the bowling alley. Helen decided that she wanted to walk up there and maybe run back. Derek went with her and rode his bike. Helen ended up running more than she wanted to in order to keep up with Derek. The boys had a great time and got all sugared up.

We came home and played outside and visited with neighbors. Helen and the boys made pizza while I applied some water seal to the porch. We had homemade chocolate ice cream for dessert. Helen bought an ice cream maker recently and this was her first attempt. It was really good.

On Sunday, the boys woke up and watched a little tv. Derek had to watch Adam's shows because he lost his tv priviliges when he got a "needs to control talking" on his weekly report from school. I took my car up to Firestone to have an oil change and tire rotation and then ran back home. It was a beautiful day. Adam had a massive battle going on with all his toys strewn across the living room and kitchen. Derek struggled with his piano and needed a lot of hand holding. Helen graded some papers.

After lunch I went to pick up my car and drop Helen's car off. Helen and the boys went on a run\bike ride and I painted one of the windows. Then we played baseball and some other things. Derek struggled through some more piano and then we hustled to pickup Helen's car before the shop closed.

Helen started on dinner and cut Adam's hair and, after dinner, did mine. The boys stayed up too late because it was still so light out with the early Daylight Savings Time change. We struggled to get everything cleaned and ready for tomorrow and then shut it down.

No comments: