Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Let's Try Some Video

Leprechauns visited our house!

I played around tonight with posting some videos. I started down the path of using YouTube, but ran into trouble. On my first attempt to upload this 8 minute video clip I waited for about 20 minutes for the upload and then it never appeared in my "Uploaded Videos" list. There was no error displayed or anything that gave me a clue as to what happened.

Then I made a really short clip and uploaded it. The upload succeeded, but my video clip was not accessible for playing for over 30 minutes. It appears that YouTube has to convert the video to a "Flash" format before it makes the video available for playing.

So I did some searching around and came across Blip TV. Their uploads were much faster and the video was immediately available for playback. I read some nice things about BlipTV vs YouTube.


No comments: