Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Up and Adam



After Helen left in the morning, I was downstairs getting things ready and heard footsteps upstairs. I figured that it was Derek because he's been getting up early lately. But when I went upstairs I was surprised to see that it was Adam getting dressed. He seemed pleased with himself and was eager to tell me how he had gotten up first and gone in to check on Derek. Derek had woken up and asked him if he wanted to cuddle so he cuddled "a little" in Derek's bed. Adam usually takes a while to go to sleep and is the last one up. I usually have to peel him off the bed. He doesn't resist. He just grabs his blanket and sleep walks to the bathroom. He doesn't like anyone to talk to him for about 5 or 10 minutes and then he's fine.

Derek was excited to bring the "black and white" cookies, which the boys made with Mommy last night, to school with him. Since he brought a special treat with his Mercury project, Ms Mashburn asked Derek to get up in front of the class and share his project with the class. He never seems to mind getting up in front of the class.

Adam is the "book bag" keeper this week for his class so he gets to bring in a book each day for the class to read. He ran upstairs to select a book and came back with "I'll Love You Forever." I was surprised and asked if he was sure. It's a good book, but a tear-jerker. If one of the boys picks it to read, Helen usually makes me read it because she can never make it through without bawling.

The weather's been sunny and beautiful with high's in the mid 60's. When the weather's nice Adam and I play outside after dropping Derek at the bus stop. Lately, Adam's been on a tire swing kick. He gets so tickled when I push him high enough to see over the fence and into the neighbor's yard.

I've been reading Harlen Coben's "Promise Me" and it's got me. I stayed up too late last night reading it.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Uncle Mike says those cookies look good. Send some over!

Chris said...

I just picked up that book the other day at the store. I haven't read in a while and I've been craving a good book. I had to go back and look because I thought you said you were reading this. Here's hoping I find time to do it! I have really fallen off the wagon when it comes to reading anything other than baby books!