Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Old Slow White Guys

Early in the game we're still in it - only down 7-2

All clear on my side

It looks like I jumped at least a few inches

Adam and Derek like to shoot around after the games


Only lost by 20 - that's one of our better games

Saturday February 6, 2010

One of the guys on my tennis team talked a bunch of us into joining an open men's basketball league this winter. I went in with the lowest of expectations and I was still let down. I suck - they suck - we all suck.

I'm exaggerating somewhat. I've enjoyed getting back on the court. From 1990 to 2000 I played a lot of basketball. I worked at the Concourse office complex and played basketball almost every day with a great bunch of guys at the Concourse Athletic Club. I have some friends from back then that work with me now and we always talk about those days as the "good old days".

We didn't know how good we had it. We were young, in better shape, had no kids, had stock options worth something, and the biggest issue of the day was presidential blow jobs. It's hard to wish away all that's transpired, but those were the days.

No comments: