Thursday, February 4, 2010

Christmas Eve

Me shaving coconut for Helen's coconut cake

Adam making an army of gingerbread soldiers

Katie and her Stella!

My mom and Derek relaxing before dinner

Adam and Derek have divided everyone's presents

Helen and Laine are ready to eat

Derek and Adam get seated at the kids table

Jason sets up the Skype videoconference with Kelley and Paul in Anchorage

Adam wants to know when we're gonna open presents

Helen samples her desserts - coconut cake, chocolate cake, cherry pie, and pumpkin cheesecake

Derek doing some holiday accessorizing

Our holiday tradition is to go over to my mom's house on Christmas Eve. My sister, Katie, came up for the week from Baton Rouge and hung out with my brother, Jason, and his wife, Laine, at my mom's house. There was a lot of cleaning and helping out around the house.

Everyone had the house and a delicious dinner ready for us. We just had to bring the desserts.

Jason setup a Skype videoconference with my sister, Kelley, and her beau, Paul, in Anchorage. Kelley walked outside with her laptop to show us all the freshly fallen snow.

It was great to see everyone and the kids absolutely love having 3 Christmas's - this one at my mom's, our immediate family Christmas, and Helen's family Christmas.

No comments: