Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bells Update


It's been 17 days since I woke up with Bell's Palsy. It seems that I am slowly getting better. In the pictures you can see a slight upturn in my lip on the right side whereas before my entire ride side was drooping. I can blink my right eye more normally now although I still can't close it tightly. As the vision in my right eye has been constantly changing through all this, my brain is still trying to adjust so things seem blurry even when my right eye is not watering or dried out.

The first signs of improvement started after a few days when I started to feel little fluttering twitches in various places on the right side of my face. After a week or so I started to feel more pain. It was kind of like ear ache pain that started in the tender soft spot beneath my ear and traveled down to my neck and up behind my ear to my eye. The pain actually got worse as the days wore on. Now I'm getting shooting knife like pains in my eye and ear.

My right eye is now more open than my normal left eye and it feels like my right is allowing way too much light in. My body is used to having little slits for eyes that barely let any light in. Now it feels like I'm being flooded by light. I'm hoping the pain is all part of the healing.

No comments: