Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bells Week 3


The shooting pain has mostly gone away. As you can see in the picture my right eye still doesn't match my left, but it doesn't look as bad in real life. I think maybe the camera flash had something to do with it. The eye still waters up and my vision is not all the way back, but I can at least chew normally now without food trying to push out the weak side of my mouth. I'm not all the way back, but most of the way.

I took Friday and Monday off this past weekend since Helen and the kids also had the days off because of the county furloughing teachers. Weeks ago we talked about going on a trip over that weekend and then as the time drew closer we fell back to maybe just doing some day trips. What really happened was that Helen got a sinus infection last week, Adam picked up a nasty cough, and the rains came back so we just stayed home.

We did manage to get out and do some things. We bought Halloween costumes and once again, the boys picked some ninja\crypt master like costumes. We keep trying to get them to be something cute like Batman and Robin, but it looks like that will never happen.

We also got new computers for the boys. Derek originally was leaning toward a netbook, but decided he really wanted a laptop. Adam got a netbook. They both chipped in half the cost. I spent quite a bit of time over the weekend getting the computers configured just so. Derek is really into it and likes to learn so he can do things for himself. Adam and Helen...not so much. It's nice for me that Derek can sometimes solve technical problems that Helen and Adam are having with the tv or the computer so I don't have to.

With all the rain a lot of our soccer and tennis activities have been cancelled, so it's actually been much less hectic than it normally would be. Now everyone just needs to get healthy and stay healthy.

No comments: