Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Adam insisting that his "real" birthday is not today made me remember another funny story. Ever since the boys were very young we've had a tradition where they take their bath and then holler down for me to come up and "chase" them. They put their hooded bath towels on their head, grab some type of weapon like a plastic sword, and I chase them around as they run screaming naked all over the upstairs.

Earlier this year Adam and I were walking back from taking Derek to the bus stop and I mentioned that it was a pretty day to play outside. I asked Adam what he and his preschool classmates have been playing lately when they go outside. He said he couldn't remember, so I got more specific and went through a list of things that I asked him if they played. I finally got around to "chase" to which he responded that, "his teacher won't let him take his clothes off". I didn't quite understand what that had to do with the question. Finally, after some more digging I realized that Adam thought all games of chase involved running around naked like he does when we play chase after bath time.

Helen and I had a laugh at that one and then wondered how exactly he figured out that he can't take his clothes off at school. We pictured one of his friends asking him if he wanted to play chase and then Adam starting to disrobe before his teacher asked him just what the heck he thought he was doing.

1 comment:

Chris said...

That is SO hysterical!!!!!!!! You'll probably never know the answer to how he figured that out. Ha!ha!