Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Adam's Birthday Weekend



Note: The Blogger site seems to be experiencing some technical difficulties and some of the images are displaying as red x's.

On Friday night Helen was looking forward to getting in bed at a reasonable hour, but I sucked her into watching "The Departed". It was a good movie, but she was not happy about staying up so late.

On Saturday I had a tennis match and the boys had baseball games. Adam had a morning game and Derek an afternoon game. I was able to watch the last half of Adam's game before I had to leave to play golf with my Dad, brother, and Uncle. After golf they gave me a poker lesson since, for various reasons, I've never really gotten into poker. Luckily, the lesson only cost me a minimal amount of money.

Helen and the boys went to Krystal and grocery shopping after Derek's baseball game. I made it home in time to put the boys to bed. We were all exhausted.

On Sunday, the cold weather blew in for Adam's "Power Ranger" birthday party. We sent out 8 invitations and only got 2 RSVP's, so we weren't sure how many kids were going to show up. Luckily, only Nanna and Poppy and 3 other families (the Morgan's, O'Callahan's, and Fains) showed, otherwise it would have been too crowded since everyone stayed inside because of the cold weather.

After everyone left and we cleaned up we headed out for Adam's birthday dinner of sushi, but the restaurant was closed so we went to Ted's Montana Grill instead. It was alright, but not worth the $55 bill. We should have just gone to Burger King like Derek wanted.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Glad you guys had a good weekend and Adam's party was good despite the cool weather. I guess you never know how to plan for their birthdays the way they fall.
Too bad you missed out on Sushi. Maybe we can all go for sushi sometime over your way. I think it's a hoot that is what he wanted!