Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

Our tradition is that Helen makes cinnamon rolls and we eat them while we watch the parade

Adam draws a design into the pie crust

Derek is finally old enough to mow the lawn - and do a decent job

Helen and my mom talk while getting dinner ready

Derek (always with clicker in hand) gives some love to Hannah

Dinner is almost ready!

Derek interviews my mom for a school project on ancestors

My mom got the boys Lego's for Thanksgiving - they're all for that being a new tradition

Conked out on the car ride home

Asleep in our bed waiting for their bedtime story

November 26, 2009

Here are the catch-up photos from Thanksgiving. With all the different family's involved, it's nice that it works out so that there's no conflict on Thanksgiving day. We spend that day at my mom's house and then do Thanksgiving with Helen's family later on the weekend.

My brother, Jason, and his wife, Laine, usually join us at my mom's, but they were off on their cross country adventure. It wasn't the same without them.

Helen always starts out pumped for Thanksgiving - especially the baking, but she's always deflated after working so hard for so long only to have everybody sit down for a dinner that takes about 15 minutes to eat and an hour to cleanup. I try to comfort her by touting the benefits of leftovers, but it doesn't really help. By the 2nd (or sometimes 3rd) Thanksgiving dinner - we are, put a fork in us, done!

I think I could eat leftover Thanksgiving food for a really long time, but Helen usually tires of it pretty quickly. It's filling, it's easy, it's quick, it's inexpensive, and it's good - what more could you ask for?

No comments: