Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Peachtree Road Race

Mr Joe and Ms Mary

Adam, Helen, and Derek are ready for the race

Here come the runners

Number 3 (in front wearing yellow) was the eventual winner

Finally, Daddy's coming

Kiss break...I joked and asked the boys if I was winning

Helen and the boys got up early and came down to watch me run the Peachtree Road Race. They go down with our neighbors, Mr Joe and Ms Mary, who have been going down to cheer on the runners for years.

I've been running the race every year since the late 80's. I used to run more races, but the Peachtree is the only one I still do. It gives me a goal each year so that I can stay in shape. With my dislike of crowds, I'm also motivated to finish fast enough to qualify me to start up front the following year and avoid the crowds as much as possible.

It's a great time with all the 4th of July festivities, the fit runners, and the great crowds cheering along the way.

No comments: