Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Where are you?

I made a big push to get our road trip blogged and afterwards I kind of slacked off. As I've mentioned before, our summer schedule is not conducive to blogging - plenty of "we" time, but not enough "me" time.

We've been busy getting acquainted with our new niece, Brooke. You can read all about her on my sister in law's blog. I'll get some of our own pictures up soon. We're almost done redoing Derek's bedroom into a big kid room - there are some pictures of that as well. Otherwise, it's just been the usual busy summer schedule of fun activities, movies, pool, tennis, and friends.

Sadly, it all comes to an end in less than 2 weeks when Helen reports back to school, but shhhhh...we're not allowed to talk about that...it makes her cranky. No more tv or late night movies during the week, so we'll scale back our Blockbuster plan from 3 movies at a time to 1.

The summers are so nice for us and it's sad when they come to an end, but we appreciate them so much more than if Helen didn't work at all. The summers definitely make the job of teaching "doable".

No comments: